Social and Environmental Responsibility of Business
- Ecole Polytechnique – Bachelor 3
- Social and Environmental Responsibility of Business- ECO305
- This course introduces the economics of corporate social responsibility (CSR), and the determinants for businesses, acting on a voluntary basis, to incorporate social, environmental, and ethical concerns into their economic activities and interactions with their stakeholders.
Course structure and content
- The course consists in three parts. The first part presents the basic stylized facts about CSR and the role of governments and investors in promoting responsible behaviors. The second part presents the main models which explain CSR decisions. The third part covers the data and impact analysis of CSR and socially responsible investments.
Teaching and assessment
Small thesis based on a 1 research article , using the course content sessions
Entry requirements, fees and application
Applications for the Bachelor Program at Ecole Polytechnique are only considered for admission to Year 1. We are unable to accept transfer students in Years 2 and 3 of the Program.
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Currently be studying for a high school leaving certificate, recognized either internationally or in the candidate’s home country (French Baccalaureate, OIB, International Baccalaureate, Swiss high-school maturité certificate, European high-school certificate…)
- OR Currently be studying for a scientific university entrance certificate
- OR Have already obtained an entrance certificate to study science at a higher education institution (scientific university, specialized institute, French preparatory class…)
Students are selected using a holistic approach to admissions. The Admissions Committee considers not only academics (i.e. strong academic performance in high school, especially in mathematics and science), but also non-academic factors. We recognize exemplary, sustained achievement in any field of intellectual or creative endeavor; accomplishments in extracurricular activities such as performing arts or athletics, scientific competitions, internships, leadership in your school or community, volunteering etc.
Consistent with all of École Polytechnique’s academic programs, the Bachelor Program is designed for top students with very high potential, who are able to follow a rich and demanding curriculum.
In addition to meeting the general admission requirements, applicants to École Polytechnique’s Bachelor Program should also meet the following specific requirements:
- have an overall strong academic average
- take advanced mathematics courses, and at least one advanced science course
- have a level of English sufficient to successfully complete this Program (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages level C1)
Many graduates are commanding influential positions in multinational corporations, in national, state and international government, in non-governmental organisations, and by continuing with further research. […]
For course related inquiries please contact:
- Quizzes 0
- Host Institution Ecole Polytechnique ENSAE
- Department / Institute Economics
- Course Name ECO305 - Social and Environmental Responsibility of Business
- Course Type Degree program
- Course Mode Full time
- Course Language English
- Start Date 01 May 2021
- Application Deadline 01 September 2020
- Course Level Bachelor's
- Duration 6 weeks