The second annual conference of the Alliance was held at the Examination Schools, University of Oxford from the 3rd – 6th September 2019.
The conference hosted papers on sustainability with major contributions to complementary disciplines such as finance, accounting, management, strategy, geography, and development economics. Please find more information on the conference website.
Examples of topics include:
- Climate adaptation and resilience: climate change implications for global supply chains and the catastrophe bonds market
- Climate risks: implications for different asset classes, central banking and financial supervision
- Climate policy and law: implications for firms and the financial system
- Innovative methods and datasets: utilizing AI & machine learning to create new datasets, and mixed methods to estimate flood risks to property values
- Stranded assets, financial disclosure, and ratings
- The role of corporate governance mechanisms and active ownership in promoting sustainability
- Behavioural factors affecting individuals and the sustainability of markets