The University of Cambridge Sustainable Finance online short course offers insight into the role of finance in creating a more sustainable and resilient global economy. Over eight weeks, you’ll learn about the pressures and trends affecting the current financial system and investigate the strategic business implications of these social and environmental challenges. You’ll also discover how sustainable finance can open up exciting new opportunities and strategically drive long-term business returns.
Course structure and content
The course is run completely online and split into eight modules. Over eight weeks, you’ll develop an understanding of the critical role that the financial system has to play in creating a sustainable global economy. First, you’ll gain an overview of how the current financial system works, the pressures and trends that affect it, and the flow of capital. Then you’ll go on to explore strategies for sustainable finance, examine the relationship between risk and return, and learn about the key attributes underpinning successful sustainable finance initiatives. You’ll also investigate the role that the public sector has to play in sustainable finance, examine disruptive megatrends and the innovations required to deal with them, and develop a practical action plan to promote sustainable finance within your sphere of influence. Finally, you’ll walk away with an enhanced skill set of core competencies, including systems, strategic, and long-term thinking, and the ability to address complexity across teams, organisations, and the wider financial system.
Teaching and assessment
The sustainable finance online short course is an executive education self-paced learning experience. Each module is released weekly, allowing a flexible but structured approach to learning. You’ll be supported by a team of tutors as you engage in individual activities and group discussions, ensuring you feel confident to submit your best work at each weekly deadline. You will be expected to work about 6 -8 hours and complete an online assignment each week. At the end of the course you will Develop an action plan that promotes sustainable finance in your environment.
Entry requirements, fees and application
The are no formal entry requirements for this course however the course is applicable to professionals within the finance sector, as well as others interested in harnessing sustainable finance initiatives to bring about positive change. Applicants need to have a good compression and level of written English.
The cost for the course £2200 and registration for the course should be made through our partner 2U GetSmarter here.
Gain valuable and relevant skills, and walk away with:
- Insight into the sustainability challenges facing business and financial systems
- An understanding of how sustainability is rewiring financial systems to benefit society and business
- Tools and frameworks to respond to financial risks posed by sustainability issues
- A personal action plan to implement a sustainable finance approach in your sphere of influence
For course related inquiries please contact:
- Quizzes 0
- Host Institution University of Cambridge
- Department / Institute University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership
- Course Name Sustainable Finance online short course
- Course Type Online course
- Course Mode Part time
- Course Language English
- Fees 0,00 ( Annually )
- Start Date 18 November 2020
- Application Deadline 11 November 2020
- Course Level Executive Education
- Duration 9 weeks
- For information on course fees please see university website.