The 4th Annual Conference in 2021 is currently being planned by the International Institute of Green Finance (IIGF) of the Central University of Finance and Economics (CUFE).
This will be the first GRASFI conference in an emerging economy and the first in Asia, one of the most dynamic regions for sustainable finance and investment.
There is significant and growing interest among practitioners, policymakers, and civil society in sustainable finance and investment. High-quality, rigorous academic research can inform necessary developments in its theory and practice. Doing so will help align the financial system with global environmental sustainability, a necessary condition for implementation of the Paris Climate Change Agreement, the post-2020 biodiversity framework, and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Call for Papers
We are excited to announce the Call for Papers for the largest ever convening of academic researchers working on sustainable finance and investment.
The Conference Committee is seeking 40 high quality papers for the conference with each paper having a 30-minute slot. Within each session, papers are likely to come from different disciplines to foster interdisciplinary collaboration and learning.
Draft Session Themes
- Adaptation and resilience
- Biodiversity and nature
- Central banks, regulation and supervision
- Data and metrics
- Emerging markets
- Environmental and climate risk analysis
- Financial disclosure and reporting
- Green and resilient recovery
- Sustainable sectors (agriculture, healthcare, infrastructure investment, etc.)
- Transition finance
- International cooperation
- Corporate sustainable performance.
We invite submissions from any disciplinary, theoretical, or methodological perspective as long as they address topics within sustainable finance and investment.
Submissions must be academic working papers, which by the time of submission are not yet accepted for publication.
The Paper Selection Committee will be undertaking a double-blind peer review process. The Paper Selection Committee is chaired by Professor Rob Bauer.
Please anonymise your submission (double-blind reviewing policy) by excluding authors’ names.
Please submit your paper via EasyChair. The deadline for submission is March 26, 2021.
All authors are welcome to join the conference. However, registration fees will still be due.
For queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be at least 7 paper prizes awarded at the discretion of the Conference Committee:
- GRASFI Best Paper Prize (sponsor TBC) – £TBC
- GRASFI Best Novel Methods Paper Prize (sponsor TBC) – £TBC
- GRASFI Best PhD Paper Prize (sponsor TBC) – £TBC
- GRASFI Best Paper Prize for Research on Sustainable Investment (sponsor TBC) – £TBC
- GRASFI Best Paper Prize for Research that Supports Central Banks and Financial Regulators to Green the Financial System (sponsor TBC) – £TBC
- GRASFI Best Paper Prize for Research on Emerging Markets (sponsor TBC) – £TBC
- GRASFI Best Paper Prize for Research on China (sponsor TBC) – £TBC
- Professor Rob Bauer (Maastricht)
- Dr Ben Caldecott (Oxford)
- Dr Christoph Nedopil (CUFE)
- Dr SUN Tianyin (Tsinghua)
- Dr Ulrich Volz (SOAS, University of London)
- Professor WANG Yao (CUFE)
- Professor WEI Ping (China Central South University)
- Others TBC