The 4th Annual GRASFI Conference in 2021 is being organised by the International Institute of Green Finance (IIGF) of the Central University of Finance and Economics (CUFE) from September 1-3, 2021 as a virtual event. This will be the first GRASFI conference in an emerging economy and the first in Asia, one of the most dynamic regions for sustainable finance and investment.
The Paris Climate Change Agreement, the 2030 Agenda and the Aichi targets/the post-2020 biodiversity framework aim to set policymakers, the private sector, and civil society on a common path to advance global environmental sustainability and human wellbeing.
In this context, academic research into sustainable finance and investment plays a crucial role to provide evidence-based theory and practice to guide global cooperation efforts in an effective direction. This research must come from a diverse range of approaches and fields in order to constructively address what are extremely complicated and multi-disciplinary problems in the sustainability and finance fields.
To accelerate multi-disciplinary academic research on sustainable finance and investment promote, The Global Research Alliance for Sustainable Finance and Investment (the ‘Alliance’) was founded in 2017. The Alliance currently consists of 23 global research universities (with more joining), each with expertise in this emerging field.
Each year the Alliance aims to organise the major annual academic conference on sustainable finance and investment internationally. The Alliance is also developing academic collaboration between researchers working on sustainable finance and nurturing the growth and development of graduate students and junior academics working on these topics.
Call for Papers
We are excited to announce the Call for Papers for the largest ever convening of academic researchers working on sustainable finance and investment.
The Conference Committee is seeking 40 high quality papers for the conference with each paper having a 30-minute slot. Within each session, papers are likely to come from different disciplines to foster interdisciplinary collaboration and learning.
Draft Session Themes
- Adaptation and resilience
- Biodiversity and nature
- Central banks, regulation and supervision
- Data and metrics
- Emerging markets
- Environmental and climate risk analysis
- Financial disclosure and reporting
- Green and resilient recovery
- Sustainable sectors (agriculture, healthcare, infrastructure investment, etc.)
- Transition finance
- International cooperation
- Corporate sustainable performance.
We invite submissions from any disciplinary, theoretical, or methodological perspective as long as they address topics within sustainable finance and investment.
Submissions must be academic working papers, which by the time of submission are not yet accepted for publication.
The Paper Selection Committee will be undertaking a double-blind peer review process. The Paper Selection Committee is chaired by Professor Rob Bauer.
Please anonymise your submission (double-blind reviewing policy) by excluding authors’ names.
Please submit your paper via EasyChair. The deadline for submission is May 10th, 2021.
All authors are welcome to join the conference. However, registration fees will still be due.
For queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be at least 7 paper prizes awarded at the discretion of the Conference Committee:
- GRASFI Best Paper Prize (sponsor TBC) – £TBC
- GRASFI Best Novel Methods Paper Prize (sponsor TBC) – £TBC
- GRASFI Best PhD Paper Prize (sponsor TBC) – £TBC
- GRASFI Best Paper Prize for Research on Sustainable Investment (sponsor TBC) – £TBC
- GRASFI Best Paper Prize for Research that Supports Central Banks and Financial Regulators to Green the Financial System (sponsor TBC) – £TBC
- GRASFI Best Paper Prize for Research on Emerging Markets (sponsor TBC) – £TBC
- GRASFI Best Paper Prize for Research on China (sponsor TBC) – £TBC
- Professor Alexander Bassen, University of Hamburg
- Professor Rob Bauer, Maastricht University
- Professor Daniel Bradlow, University of Pretoria
- Dr Ben Caldecott, University of Oxford
- Professor CHEN Shiyi, Fudan University
- Professor David Glenn Fernandez, Singapore Management University
- Dr LI Jing, Tsinghua University
- Martina Linnenluecke, Macquirie
- Professor Kerstin Lopatta, University of Hamburg
- Dr MA Jun, Tsinghua University
- Dr Christoph Nedopil, Central University of Finance and Economics
- Dr Lisa Sachs, Columbia University
- Dr SUN Tianyin, Tsinghua University
- Dr Ulrich Volz, SOAS, University of London
- Professor WANG Yao, Central University of Finance and Economics
- Professor Olaf Weber, University of Waterloo
- Professor WEI Ping, Central South University
- Dr ZHANG Junjie, Kunshan Duke University